Wye Lake Park
A beautiful 26 hectare park set in downtown Watson Lake featuring a 2.5 km walking trail right around the lake shore. There is a boardwalk, viewing platform, interpretive panels and look-out along this scenic looping trail.
- Excellent for bird viewing.
- Picnic area, playground and gazebo.
- Wye Lake Cabin, complete with washrooms, wheel-chair access and concession. The building can be rented for meetings, parties, and other small gatherings. Please call (867) 536-8020, ext #2 for more booking information.
The park entrance, picnic area and gazebo area are landscape and an excellent area for picnics. Parking is available for about 50 vehicles and there is water and a Sani-Dump for RV’s.
The park is used daily by residents year round for walking, jogging, bird watching, kid's sledding and Cross Country skiing. Events that take place at the park on a yearly basis are:
- Discovery Day Celebrations (August)
- Halloween Night Bonfire and Fireworks (October)
- The Watson Lake Outdoor Bonspiel (February)
- Arts in the Park/Watson Lake Summer Market ( June - August)
Lucky Lake Park and Water Slide
Lucky Lake is a favorite spot for residents and visitors for swimming and picnicing. On the July 1st long weekend, Canada day is celebrated here with a softball tournament, games, food and fun. The park has the only outdoor WATER SLIDE north of 60. The length of the slide is 500 ft in length and drops 60 ft.
- Picnic tables
- Sandy beaches
- Ball diamond
- Hiking trails
- Fire pits
- Change Rooms
Liard River Canyon
A well marked 3 km trail to the picturesque Liard River Canyon starts at the west end of the park. Across the river, George Dawson erected a wooden post to mark the B.C/Yukon boarder in 1887. The wooden post was replaced in 1928 by a cement cairn with a brass plaque. This trail is part of the route that Robert Campbell took in the search of a passage way from Fort Halkett to the west side of the mountains.
Campgrounds & RV Services
Downtown RV Park
Phone: (867) 536-2646
Signpost Services RV
Phone: (867) 536-7422
Watson Lake Campgrounds
A government-run campground located just west of the town. The campgrounds has 55 camp sites, Hiking trails, Playground, kitchen shelter and a boat launch.
Watson Lake Skate Board Park
Located behind Watson Lake Secondary School.