Community Lottery Program
The Yukon Lottery Commission provides funding assistance for arts, sport and recreation in Yukon. This funding assistance is provided through three programs: Projects Fund, Travel Assistance Program and Community Lottery Program. The financial support provided through these programs is intended to:
• reduce barriers to participation in the arts, sport and recreation across Yukon, both for nonprofits and for participants;
• sustain or increase participation in arts, sports, and recreation activities;
• enhance funding outcomes for arts, sports, and recreation in Yukon through partnerships; and • develop individuals’ skills/abilities in arts, sport and/or recreation.
The objective of the Community Lottery Program (CLP) is to provide municipalities and local authorities with funding to support programs/projects that sustain and contribute to the growth of arts, sport and recreation within their communities. The program strives to improve the quality of life for all Yukon people through participation in, or availability of arts, sport and recreation. The CLP is intended to enable municipalities and local authorities to make local decisions relevant to their community
Eligible activities are those that support arts, sport and recreation as described below:
• Recreation – active living, inclusion and access for populations that face constraints to participation, provision of supportive physical and social environments, connecting people and nature, building recreation capacity.
• Arts – performing, visual and literary arts where Yukoners and Yukon communities are engaged.
• Sport – amateur level sports and physical fitness activities.
WATSON LAKE COMMUNITY LOTTERY PROGRAM GUIDELINES & APPLICATIONS
There are specific guidelines that must be followed when applying to the Community Lottery Fund. Please be sure to read the guidelines and Town of Watson Lake policy in full, to ensure that your project meets the requirements. You can find the guidelines, policy, and application form here:
To see past funding recipients, click here